The design goals for this bathroom update:
- Convert a tub/shower combo to a more user-friendly walk-in shower.
- Create a more easily cleaned countertop by eliminating the lip around the bathroom sink.
- Expand counterspace by extending the countertop under a recessed linen upper.
- Create more storage space with a taller vanity with eight drawers with two bonus drawers in the linen upper.
- Visually enlarge the space through the use of a frameless sliding shower door, shower tile installed to the ceiling, a recessed linen cabinet with a glass front and shelving and a taller custom-framed mirror.
The room was made more visually appealing with the stunning combination of Sea Pearl quartzite paired with elongated 2×8.5 polished subway tiles installed in a herringbone pattern. The new cabinet with inset doors and drawers is painted in Sherwin Williams’ bold Tin Lizzie providing a contrast that pops the quartzite countertop and polished chrome bathroom hardware and fixtures.