When I meet with a design client, I want to know what’s important to them. How do they live? What are their passions? What do they enjoy in their spare time? What design will render the best possible use of space?
This client is a nationally recognized “gamer”. Card games and video games, yes, but board games in particular. Hundreds of them. Difficult, long-lasting, brain-busting board games that only other gamers fully appreciate. My client needed the space to “spread out” and “leave out” battles unconcluded.
We found the key elements at Market that we were looking for:
- A large, durable table with room for up to eight comfortable chairs.
- Eight comfortable chairs.
- A modern bronze and antique brass chandelier with eight lights to fully illuminate the “play space” with 320 watts.
- The end table and accessories to create an appealing space when a game is not in process.
We custom created:
- Original art to provide a bold punch of color.
- Coordinating original fused art glass, created by the client in his own glass craft room.
- Custom cabinetry to house dozens of games and even more books. Reading is another passion.
Even a “non-gamer” may enjoy the visual appeal of this space.