The design goals for this bathroom update:
- Convert a tub/shower combo to a more user-friendly walk-in shower.
- Create a more easily cleaned countertop by eliminating the lip around the bathroom sink.
- Expand counterspace by extending the countertop under a recessed linen upper.
- Create more storage space with a taller vanity with eight drawers with two bonus drawers in the linen upper.
- Visually enlarge the space through the use of a frameless sliding shower door, shower tile installed to the ceiling, a recessed linen cabinet with a glass front and shelving and a taller custom-framed mirror.
The room was made more visually appealing with the stunning combination of Sea Pearl quartzite paired with elongated 2×8.5 polished subway tiles installed in a herringbone pattern. The new cabinet with inset doors and drawers is painted in Sherwin Williams’ bold Tin Lizzie providing a contrast that pops the quartzite countertop and polished chrome bathroom hardware and fixtures.
Posted in Bathrooms, Cabinets, Design, Interior Design, Quartzite, Remnants, Remodeling, Tile, Uncategorized
Tagged Bathrooms, Cabinets, Daltile, Design, Design Perspectives, Fergusons, Frameless sliding shower doors, Herringbone, Inset doors, Interior Design, Interior Designer, Linen Cabinet, Remodeling, Sea Pearl, Sherwin Williams, Tile
This client has a myriad of home improvements in mind – a new kitchen, floors, furnishings and window treatments are all on her wish list. But with water dripping through the wall from the Jack and Jill shower through the ceiling below, this space jumped to the top of her list. What a great excuse to select new Super White granite countertops in combination with glossy white beveled subway tile for her shower and polished Carrara marble hexagon mosaic for her bathroom floor. Polished chrome plumbing fixtures, hardware and bath accessories add sleekness and shine. Paint replacing a combo of floral and striped wallpaper and taller framed mirrors enlarge the relatively narrow space. Completed just in time for her holiday company to enjoy.
Posted in Bathrooms, Cabinets, Design, Granite, Interior Design, Paint, Remnants, Remodeling, Tile, Uncategorized
Tagged Arizona Tile, Bathrooms, Cabinets, Carrrara Marble, Daltile, Design, Design Perspectives, Fergusons, Granite, Home Improvement, Interior Design, Interior Designer, Remodeling, Subway Tile, Tile