This ordinary Butler’s with Tropical Brown countertops, 4″ backsplash and with an obviously fabricated edge was made extraordinary with the triple punch of new limestone floors, “select” Taj Mahal countertops and Walker Zanger’s Tilt Grey Smoke Ottoman mosaic tile adding both color and interesting pattern to the backsplash.
Posted in Butlers Pantry, Design, Interior Design, Quartzite, Remnants, Remodeling, Tile, Uncategorized
Tagged Design, Design Perspectives, Flooring, Granite, Home Improvement, Interior Design, Interior Designer, Kitchen Remodeling, Kitchens, Limestone, Remodeling, Taj Majal, Tile, Walker Zanger
Somehow, 15 years ago, tile countertops made sense on bathroom countertops? Not sure why. They are hard to clean and “busy”. This client took advantage of “leftovers”, i.e. a remnant of Allure quartzite from my fabricator’s yard to spruce up her pool bath. With a clean quartzite top, a new undermounted rectangular sink, a taller faucet, and new limestone floors, this 17-year old bathroom looks brand new again.
Posted in Bathrooms, Design, Interior Design, Quartzite, Remnants, Remodeling, Uncategorized
Tagged Bathrooms, Design, Design Perspectives, Home Improvement, Interior Design, Interior Designer, Quartzite, Remnants, Remodeling, Taj Mahal
The design goals for this bathroom update:
- Convert a tub/shower combo to a more user-friendly walk-in shower.
- Create a more easily cleaned countertop by eliminating the lip around the bathroom sink.
- Expand counterspace by extending the countertop under a recessed linen upper.
- Create more storage space with a taller vanity with eight drawers with two bonus drawers in the linen upper.
- Visually enlarge the space through the use of a frameless sliding shower door, shower tile installed to the ceiling, a recessed linen cabinet with a glass front and shelving and a taller custom-framed mirror.
The room was made more visually appealing with the stunning combination of Sea Pearl quartzite paired with elongated 2×8.5 polished subway tiles installed in a herringbone pattern. The new cabinet with inset doors and drawers is painted in Sherwin Williams’ bold Tin Lizzie providing a contrast that pops the quartzite countertop and polished chrome bathroom hardware and fixtures.
Posted in Bathrooms, Cabinets, Design, Interior Design, Quartzite, Remnants, Remodeling, Tile, Uncategorized
Tagged Bathrooms, Cabinets, Daltile, Design, Design Perspectives, Fergusons, Frameless sliding shower doors, Herringbone, Inset doors, Interior Design, Interior Designer, Linen Cabinet, Remodeling, Sea Pearl, Sherwin Williams, Tile